There were many things to be grateful for in 2013. Here are a few highlights of this past year that made 2013 unique. They are now fond memories and moments I can affectionately return to in my mind and in photographs.
1. Celebrating a year of firsts: Happy Birthday Claire. xo
2. Blogging, Photography, & E-courses: Creativity
3. Warmth, sun, & sand: Bahamas
4. Food, beer, & blue: Toronto Blue Jays
5. Red and juicy: Strawberry picking
6. Broken Social Scene: Field Trip Music Festival
7. Solitude and relaxation: A day at the spa
8. Beautiful & alive: NYC
9. Catchin’ the Money Bow: Cottage
10. A weekend of celebration: Bachelorette
11. Making Promises: Tie the knot
12. Moments like these: Being home
13. Celebration of friends: St. Lucia
What a year really. Don’t get me wrong, many moments were absolutely filled with uncertainty and struggle. We wouldn’t be who we are without the shitty stuff too.
Reflection brings us back to moments and times that we need to appreciate and be thankful for. For me, photographs are a really great avenue to get me there.
I hope your 2013 was filled with moments that left you feeling full, warm, and grateful. One of my grade three students said it better than I could have myself:
“Gratitude is loving everything we have.”